Rehearsals Directors required in Preston, Skegness, Hastings & Essex to teach the Bicycle Ballet Mass Show choreography during summer 2012.
We are looking for one or two locally based rehearsal directors to work with the Choreographer and Creative Team on the development of the performance with local participants. Work will take place during summer 2012, and form part of a National tour.
The rehearsal directors will be required to initially learn the choreography in a two day residency workshop led by the Choreographer and Producer, and then to deliver the material in weekly rehearsals with the cast, who will be formed by volunteers from the local community. They will be expected to film each rehearsal session and to communicate regularly with the creative team to ensure that the development of the work is on schedule. Additional to these roles there may be an opportunity for the rehearsal directors to develop a short signature sequence that can be included in the final show.
During the rehearsal period the project will be visited by members of the creative team.
• Graduate or equivalent professional experience of working as a choreographer.
• Strong skills as a rehearsal director of movement material.
• Experience of leading and working with community groups and non- trained dancers.
• Good communication, time and self management skills
• Understanding of outdoor performance work and a willingness to work outside.
• Ability to teach a basic technique class / warm up.
• A bicycle
• 2 x days residency, 4th and 5th May
• 3 x full days (various) working alongside the Choreographer and group
• 6 x 3 hour, regularly weekly evening sessions, with the final session as a dress/technical rehearsal the day before performances.
Auditions will take place in each location:
• 3-5pm, there will be a two hour session in the afternoon to determine skills, creative choreography, memory etc
• 6.30-9pm a call back for an evening taster session, where we can see you working with the public
Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com by midday Monday 26th March.