Come & join us for a visually stunning, outdoor show Blazing Saddles, performed by a cast of women cyclists & professional performers, commissioned by Southwark Council & funded by Arts Council England.
Blazing Saddles is a celebration of women & cycling & fashion. The show explores some of the reasons why women do & don’t ride bikes today, contrasting this to the 1890s, and brings people together in a supportive, sociable & fun way, to transform the way people think about cycling.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The show takes the form of short, evolving sequences performed at several locations around Dulwich, with short rides in between – further details & map below. There will be a 20 minute ‘performative picnic’ break on route, where riders can bring their own food & drink, or enjoy the local cafes & bars around Goose Green.
Starting in Dulwich Park at 2pm, then heading off to Dulwich Library, North Cross Rd Market, Goose Green, Railton Rd near Herne Hill Station, Dulwich Picture Gallery Garden & returning back to Dulwich Park West Lawn, at approx 4pm.
Show info here: Blazing Saddles
JOIN THE BLAZING SADDLES PERFORMANCE CYCLE TOUR
Cyclists, audience members, are invited to meet performers on route, or ride along with the cast & immerse themselves in the action.
WHERE TO MEET
To join the riders, please meet from 1.45pm on the West Lawn Dulwich Park, SE21 7BQ, in front of Pavilion Cafe – http://bit.ly/2cpeOCS
Download the performance route here: Blazing Saddles Performance Route
APPROXIMATE TIMINGS AT EACH LOCATION (please arrive 5-10 mins beforehand if you’re meeting us on site)
14:00 Dulwich Park
14:10 Dulwich Library
14:30 North Cross Rd Market
14:45 Goose Green, leave approx 15:10
15:30 Railton Rd near Herne Hill Station
15:40 Pass Herne Hill Velodrome
15:50 Dulwich Picture Gallery Garden
16:00 Dulwich Park, West Lawn
(click here for answers to any questions you may have)
BLAZING SADDLES PERFORMANCE RIDE GUIDELINES – during the Blazing Saddles Performance Ride, I agree to & understand the following:
- Wearing a helmet is compulsory for the ride
- Bicycles must be road worthy & in good working order. Although there will be experienced riders present & able to help, you are responsible for the upkeep of your bike.
- Cyclists must have a good level of cycling competency to be able to ride safely on the road & as part of a group, & alongside other road users
- Children are welcome. They must have a good level of cycling competency to be able to ride safely on the road & remain under the responsibility of parents for the duration of the ride
- The full length of the ride is approximately 5 miles. Riders can cycle the entire route or just part of the route.
- Riders must assume individual responsibility for their own safety in relation to other road users, & abide by the law of the land relating to road traffic.
- No personal music players to be used during the ride
- Any person participating in the Blazing Saddles/Bicycle Ballet Performance Ride, does so without any liability whatsoever on the part of Blazing Saddles/Bicycle Ballet/KP Projects CIC & those leading the ride on behalf of Blazing Saddles/Bicycle Ballet/KP Projects CIC, in respect of any injury, loss of damage suffered, however caused.
- Any person participating in the Blazing Saddles Performance Ride understands that participation constitutes an agreement that photographs & video taken during the ride, can be used wholly or in part, for promotional & illustrative purposes for Blazing Saddles, Bicycle Ballet, KP Projects CIC & its funders & supporters, including Southwark Council & Arts Council England, & others