Come & join us for a visually stunning, outdoor show Blazing Saddles, performed by a cast of women cyclists, commissioned by Wandsworth Council & presented as part of Wandsworth Arts Fringe 2017.
Blazing Saddles is an outdoor promenade dance performance & cycle about celebrating women & cycling & fashion; a wry look at pink, evolving cultural taboos, modern women & bikes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The show takes the form of short, evolving sequences performed at several locations around Balham, with short rides in between – further details & map below. Meet performers at the sites or bring your bike & ride along. There will be a 30 minute ‘performative picnic’ on route; bring their own food & drink, or enjoy the cafe in Tooting Bec Common.
Starting in Hildreth Street, SW12, then moving on to Bedford Hill Place. Then around the triangle of Balham Station Road to Balham High Road. Back onto Bedford Hill Road, cycling to Tooting Bec Common Cafe; then through the Common, left onto Emmanual Rd, back to Bedford Hill Place & finishing through Hildreth Street Market.
JOIN THE BLAZING SADDLES PERFORMANCE CYCLE TOUR
Audience members are invited to meet performers on route, or ride along with the cast & immerse themselves in the action. Riders will be responsible for their own safety on the roads.
WHERE TO MEET
To join the riders, please park your bike at Bedford Hill Place & meet the performance on foot in Hildreth Street market place at 2pm – http://bit.ly/2ni1J7a
Hildreth St – 2-2.10pm
Bedford Hill Place – 2.15-2.30pm
Balham High Rd – 2.35-2.50pm
Tooting Bec Common – 3.10-3.40pm
Bedford Hill Place – 3.45-3.55pm
Hildreth St – 3.55-4pm
(click here for answers to many questions you may have)
BLAZING SADDLES PERFORMANCE RIDE GUIDELINES – during the Blazing Saddles Performance Ride, I agree to & understand the following:
- Wearing a helmet is compulsory for the ride
- Bicycles must be road worthy & in good working order. Although there will be experienced riders present, you are responsible for the upkeep of your bike.
- Cyclists must have a good level of cycling competency to be able to ride safely on the road & as part of a group, alongside other road users.
- Children are welcome. They must have a good level of cycling competency to be able to ride safely on the road & remain under the responsibility of parents for the duration of the ride.
- The full length of the ride is approximately 3 miles. Riders can cycle the entire route or just part of the route.
- Riders must assume individual responsibility for their own safety in relation to other users, & abide by the law of the land relating to road traffic.
- No personal music players to be used during the ride.
- Any person participating in the Blazing Saddles/Bicycle Ballet Performance Ride, does so without any liability whatsoever on the part of Blazing Saddles/Bicycle Ballet/KP Projects CIC/Wandsworth Council/Wandsworth Arts Fringe & those leading the ride on behalf of Blazing Saddles/Bicycle Ballet/KP Projects CIC/Wandsworth Council/Wandsworth Arts Fringe, in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered, however, caused.
- Any person participating in the Blazing Saddles Performance Ride understands that participation constitutes an agreement that photographs & video taken during the ride, can be used wholly or in part, for promotional & illustrative purposes for Blazing Saddles, Bicycle Ballet, KP Projects CIC & its funders & supporters, including Wandsworth Council, Wandsworth Arts Fringe, Arts Council England, & others.